- Caribbean gateway to Central America and the Caribbean, as Belize is commonly viewed as the most convenient hub for gaining access to both regions.
- Belize is bordered to the North by Mexico, South and West by Guatemala, and by the Caribbean Sea to its East.
- Belize is characterized by a variety of incredible biological and geographic diversity. The mainland contains tropical rainforests, majestic Mayan Mountains, coastal forests, and grassland that is home to precious flora and fauna.
- The Belize shore is distinguished by its more than 100 coastal islands and the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere – spanning over 180 miles (290 kilometers).
- Belize observes central standard time year-round.